Every last Saturday of the month we present a recipe we found in an international children’s or youth book. Today we would like to introduce tasty goodies, composed by Roald Dahl.
You will need for 24 pieces:
1 adult 😉
125g Arborio rice
2 skinless and boneless chicken breasts
1 tbsp /15ml) freshly grated ginger
1 tsp (5ml) medium curry powder
1 clove of garlic, crushed
3 tbsp (45ml) roughly chopped coriander
4 spring onions, sliced
4 tbsp (60ml) sweetcorn
½ tsp (2.5ml) salt
freshly ground black pepper
100ml light soy sauce
oil for deep-frying
What you need to do:
The traditional globgobbler, made somewhere near Mecca, is a delicious sweet. This variety, made in a secret undercover location miles away from Mecca, is a mouth-watering savoury treat.
1. Cook rice in 450ml of boiling salted water for 15 minutes and then rinse under cold running water until completely cold.
2. Place chicken breasts in food processor and blitz until smooth.
3. Add all the other ingredients, apart from soy sauce and oil. Blitz again for abaout 30 seconds.
4. Heat oil – about 2cm deep – in a frying pan. This would be the moment for an adult to help out.
5. While the adult is assisting you in the deep-frying department, rub a bit of cold oil on your hands and grab a walnut-sized piece of the glumptious mix. Roll it into a ball. Continue until all the mixture is used up.
6. Stand back and hand over the globgobblers to the deep-frying department. The head of this department will then fry them until golden brown all over.
7. Drain on kitchen paper and sprinkle lightly with salt. Use soy sauce as a dip.
We found this recipe in: „Roald Dahl’s Completely Revolting Recipes and other tasty treats!“, RANDOMHOUSE CHILDREN’S BOOKS, (ISBN 978-0-224-08342-3)
Thank you very much for the permission to use this recipe!