• 1 rock (big enough not to be mistaken for food)
• 2 tablespoons butter or oil
• group A vegetables:
1 large clove garlic, minced
1 sweet pepper
2 celery stalks
5 or 6 mushrooms
• group B vegetables:
5 small potatoes
2 summer squash or zucchini
• group C vegetables:
1 big handful of green beans
1 handful of parsley
• 6 cups vegetable stock (1.4 liters)
• salt and pepper
• grated romano or parmesan cheese
1. Scrub and boil the rock, or clean and use one of the small potatoes for rocks. (They do taste better).
2. Wash and chop all the vegetables in groups A, B, and C.
3. Melt the butter in the stock pot.
4. Sauté group A vegetables for 15 minutes or until tender.
5. Add the vegetable stock and rock and bring to a boil
6. Add group B vegetables and lower heat.
7. Boil for 2 minutes.
8. Add group C vegetables and cook for 10 minutes more.
9. Serve with grated cheese.
Variations: Throw a stone soup party: Ask each guest to bring his or her favorite vegetable and make the soup together. But remember to have back-ups in case everyone brings carrots.
Das Rezept haben wir gefunden in: „Fairy Tale Feasts A Literary Cookbook“, erschienen bei: tradewind books (ISBN: 1-896580-84-X)
Vielen Dank für die Erlaubnis zur Veröffentlichung!